Engineers are at the heart of
everything important to the quality
of human life.
Engineering professionals design,
develop and assemble machinery with
complex systems significant in the
production of various consumer goods
by employing mathematical and
Engineers are also instrumental in
the development of building,
interstate highways, and
transportation systems. They are
also responsible for improving the
quality of healthcare, ensuring the
availability and safety of the food
we eat and the integrity of critical
operational, financial and computer
systems that support society.
Meeting the needs and demands of the
industries and the communities
through responsive Curricula,
Innovation and Research.
1. Best Engineering Curricula (Integrating skills subjects in the first Two
Years, Computer Laboratory in all design subjects with Educational
Software, and use of statistical Software in statistics and research)
2. Many professors are practicing engineers in their fields
3. All engineering faculty members have masteral degrees
4. Established research foundation and culture (Engineering research
journal, Faculty has local and international refereed publications,
graduates can have patents when they graduate and can be
5. Has regional and national awards for creative research (DOST and YP)
6. Linkages on research with local and international institutions (MAPUA
Institute of Technology, Technological University of the Philippines –
Visayas, University of California in Berkeley through Filgen Biosciences,
7. Most sought-after research partner of Science High Schools, Colleges
and Universities in Western Visayas.
8. Has the most number of technical research outputs and commerciable
research products starting School Year 2010-2011.
9. The first to implement outcome-based engineering education in
Western Visayas in 2012-2013 using OBE System Software to comply
with international accreditation such as the Washington Accord.
10. Assisted the most number of companies, and small and medium
enterprises in Western Visayas on Productivity Improvement.
11. Some of the faculty members are the only manufacturing productivity
consultants and cleaner production trainers of DOST in Negros
12. Champion projects for health and the environment (Green Campus
Program, Wonder Oil and Herbal Capsules in partnership with Grass
and Herbs Company, extraction of anti-cancer protein ‘Lunasin’,
production of Tea with Graviola for cancer patients)
13. Has the only Biodiesel Pilot Plant; Bio-Power Up Gasoline and Diesel
Additive; paper recycling facility; efficient biodigester; multi-purpose
dryer for herbs, fish and meat (Batch and Continuous); wall garden,
eco-blocks, eco-columns, continuous biomass gasifier, ETC in Negros
14. COD application submitted to CHED – pending approval.